Home Sleep Test
Home Sleep Test
Sleep apnea testing generally requires an overnight stay in a sleep clinic,lots of wires glued to your head and body with tubes inserted into your nose.This setup makes it very difficult to get a true representation of your sleep.
Our home sleep testing devices have been validated to be as effective as in-lab sleep studies,yet with the convenience and simplicity of being performed in the comfort of the patients home . Ares device can measure oxygen saturation, nasal airflow,pulse rate, head movement, head position and snoring sounds. This data is combined and and provides the necessary information for a diagnoses to be made.
ARES device was named as one of the top 10 medical innovations of 2010!
How to use ARES
BEGIN YOUR SLEEP STUDY
- Turn off the TV, radio,room fans and other electronic appliances that may interfere with the microphone.
- Remove the plastic covers from the electrodes and the forehead sensor
- Center the ARES over your nose and slightly above your eyebrows. Remove any hair from under the sensor and ensure the sensors and electrodes make complete contact with your skin.
- Place the cannula tips inside your nostrils. Grasp the cannula with your hand and pull it away from the back of your head until feels snug.
- Using your other hand, grab the slip tube and pull toward the back of your head until the tube rests snugly above the plastic portion of the strap. The cannula tips should be snug inside your nostrils. When properly tightened ,the cannula cannot be pulled away from your nose.
- Lay down on your back. Switch the ARES "ON", an audio alert will sound to signify that the ARES is turned ON. After 10 seconds and audio alert will sound to indicate that the start-up period is completed . You can now change positions and go to sleep.
IN THE MORNING
- When you wake up, remove the ARES from your head
- If the green light in front of the ARES is illuminated ,swichthe ARES "OFF". If the green light is no longer illuminated,the AREShas automatically stopped recording.This is normal, and you do not need to turn the ARES OFF.
HOW TO USE ARES YOUTUBE VIDEO